Twitter has currently no option to save a GIF directly in their app. Another problem is that Twitter GIFs are not real GIFs. They are just videos that automatically play in a loop. However, it is possible to download a Twitter GIF and convert it to a real GIF in just two steps.
First, you need to download the GIF as video. SaveDeo makes that possible:
- Go to: https://savedeo.com/en/sites/twitter
- Copy the direct link to the post in the input box
- Click download.
Now you have the GIF in the MP4 video format. Next you need to convert the video to a GIF. Therefore you can use EZGIF:
- Go to: http://ezgif.com/video-to-gif
- Upload the video you just downloaded.
- Set the start time to 0
- Set the end time to the length of the video.
- Click convert to GIF.
- Click save to download the file.
Should we build a simpler service for that?
We are able to build a simpler service to extract GIFs from Twitter. If you want that to happen, follow us on Twitter. We will build a free one click solution, when we get more than 1000 Follower.